In order that you are confidently prepared for the TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS test, it is necessary that you have:
- Knowledge about the test format; how to deal with Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- Knowledge about the time management and test administration
In addition, the following are just some of the tips to know what has to be done before the due day:
- know exactly where the test center is and how to get there.
- be sure to allow enough time to reach the center before the exam begins.
Some people have trouble writing exams; some are very nervous; here are some techniques for calming yourself down:
- breath deeply a few times
- close your eyes
In your last week before the exam, stay well rested and continue to practice with the test-taking tips and reminding yourself of your two major priorities – pacing and process of elimination. The night before the exam, plan to eat a light meal, don’t study, be well rested for the morning. Be sure to double check your alarm and perhaps have a back
up plan (a friend to call to make sure you are ready)
The Day of the Test
- wear comfortable clothes
- eat proper breakfast
- allow yourself lots of time to get to the exam location
- make time to do some “warm-up” questions of each type
Be sure you have the following items before you leave for the test:
- Identification: Check for a list of acceptable forms of identification.
- Your admission ticket.
Well, do your best and good luck!